Monday, May 08, 2006

Participation is the answer

Susan,
I just finished reading your article in "The Journal" and even though I live and work in Puna, I do also have a home in Kona. It is so obvious that Kona gets no improvements for all the tax dollars they pay. A taxpayer revolt would be entirely in order in this case. I am very busy, but I would try to attend a council meeting on this side and testify for fairness for Kona. Most people on this side of the island make trips to and use the beach parks on the Kona side. The roads and parks are like those of a third world country and I know because we lived in a third world country for two years. I have never seen public restrooms as bad as those at Hapuna Beach Park. It is a travesty. The road to Kekahakai State Park is a total joke. Activism is the only way to affect change because democracy is a participatory government........if you don't participate you lose.

I will try to help.

Thank you for all of your hard work and your selfless donation of time to achieve fairness.

Aloha,
Diana Schommer

No comments: