Thursday, February 16, 2006

Rep. Pete Hoffman responds to Trash

Susan: I don't know where you got this info, but I don't think its accurate.
The landfill in Hilo will close on/about 1 April if the Dept. of Health does not grant an extension. The County believes they will get that extension. Nothing will happen in two weeks.
The supposed system from Bio-Energy Pacific Waste is just that, smoke and mirrors. No sane or sensible individual in charge of spending our tax money would ever agree to a contract with these guys at this time. I certainly won't. They will not bid on the request for proposal because they have nothing to show. They have good publicity but no functional commercial system at this time and no figures or other data to present.
I've heard the Mayor for more than a year. While I do not agree with him on all issues, I do not believe he wants to ship trash to Kona and everything he's tried to do over the past year would indicate that.

Pete Hoffmann

No comments: