Monday, February 27, 2006

Poor turn our "WHY"

Ladies and Gentlemen, Fellow Tax Payers,

I stated in the paper some time ago that I would host a meeting. Last month I hosted a public meeting addressing the split of the County and accountability for our current government. There were about 150 people. There was a lot of enthusiasm for another meeting and to get organized as a group.

Last night we had our second meeting and only 50 people turned out and 15 left because they didn’t want to participate. This was sad and shocking at the same time.

It is so easy for people to complain but when it comes down to actually taking part we just have a small group that is willing to commit to helping out.

Why should I waste my time trying to better our situation and account for our tax dollars? Are people really happy with the situation? Or is it the battered wife syndrome? Been beat for so many years that it’s ok?

If you want me to continue with the meetings and the group; then people will need to come forward and get involved. We will need financial help making ads for the paper.
We need people to get involved in a group and participate in improving their own government. I am willing to go one more meeting and if the same enthusiasm isn’t there again; then it shows me people are satisfied with the Government we have, and there is no need for accountability.

If you want to get into a group let me know. mcgeachy@hawaii.rr.com
If you want to make a donation let me know.

To those of you who came out; Thank you very much for your support.
We do have six groups established. Some only have a few people. Each group needs at least 10 to 15 people in order to be effective.

I would like to hear from you.
Pros or Cons.
I will post it on the Blog: http://hawaiicountyissues.blogspot.com

Respectfully,
Susan McGeachy
73-1145 Ahulani St.
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
mcgeachy@hawaii.rr.com

No comments: