Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Lonnie King responds

Hi Susan:
Looks good to me.
I have printed off a copy of the County Charter and have made an initial read through it. There are some areas that need a much closer look and probably an update/modification to tighten the accountability of the leadership in various positions, ESPECIALLY THE VARIOUS DIRECTORS AND THE MAYOR'S MONITORING OF THEIR PERFORMANCE (or lack of it).
I have located the State Constitution and will download it next.
I noticed in the letters to the editor today that it looks like Mr. McClure not only has an overly active mouth but that he hasn't been doing his job either - at least that part of his job concerning illegal signs.
Regards your breakdown below, while all are very important I somehow feel that it is the Government Watchdogs that will pack the most effective "punch." I am of the opinion that the group's functions should also include monitoring how the various Directors are performing as well; it is obvious to me that their boss, the mayor, is NOT doing so.
Cheers,
Lonnie

No comments: