Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Road Meeting - Kona Town Meeting comments

Susan,

I felt obligated to respond to your incorrect Grace Church comments at the meeting tonight. For starters, the church does have the money for the project. The current required that they place the money into a escrow account. Secondly, the delays in completing the re-alignment were because HELCO was unable to obtain the needed land easements for their
utility poles until recently.

The project is going to take seven weeks to complete. The contractor (Bolton) is supposedly going to start work in the first week in October.

I know the Pastor at the church. He has been communicating with me and giving me updates for the past couple months.

Aaron

--------------------------------------------------

Aaron,
What was my incorrect comments re Grace Church? I asked if the County would repave or finish that section of the road? What is wrong with that? The Grace Church was supposely going to finish it a couple of years ago. The County should have completed it as proposed and not skip that section for what might or might not come to pass. What is the "current required" in you comments? So if the Church is going to finish that part of the road and they have the money in an escrow, then when is the church going to finish it?

The Helco poles on Palani we supposedly not moved because they needed that land for the temp. road during construction. The real question is the turn out to Kealakehaa is such a tight turn I wonder if that light pole will be flattened. I know from driving a horse trailer for years that I could not make that turn safely. Large trucks, horse trailers or boats will have a tough time trying to navigate that turn.

Thanks for the update. Susan

No comments: